Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Dealing with the aftermath....

After 9000!!!! miles in 41 days, the Denali was a mess. There were bug strikes jammed into every conceivable forward-facing orifice on the vehicle. Took it to a car wash in town and instructed them to pay extra attention to the whole front-end. It looks like the OCD wax job I did before I left paid off. All the big chunks came off pretty easy and a little extra rubbing by the drying team after passing through the mechanical car wash finished everything up nicely. I think one more time through the process and it will be really spiffy again.

Jesse planned to cook a pig for some friends of his over the Labor Day weekend (September 5-7). I didn't do much, but I did help him a little. He has now been through the entire process from beginning to end, so I think he is ready to solo the next time he wants to cook a pig. He said it turned out great and that everyone (about 70 people) had a great time.

While we were on the road, one of our tenants moved out of a rental unit we own. It was empty for nearly a month, so we really had to scramble to get it ready to rent again. I was down there working for about 6-7 hours a day for the past 5 days. Nothing major, just very dirty and in need of a little TLC. It's not quite there yet, but should be ready for move-in on Saturday, September 12. I showed it to several people who responded to the For Rent signs we put out, but none offered up a deposit check. Then today I was down there replacing several window screens that had gotten badly damaged and another person came to look at it. By 6:00pm I had a deposit check. I am very relieved.

I went back to the gym the day after we returned. I did a foreshortened version of my workout for three days in a row and then had to give it up to spend more time down at the rental condo cleaning up. I don' t feel too bad about that though, as it was very hot and the work was pretty physical. I came back home exhausted and drenched in sweat each day that I worked down there, so I figure that I got my exercise. I went back to the gym this morning for the first time since last Friday. It felt good and I think that I will probably sleep good tonight.

Tomorrow I have a doctor's appointment, so I get to sleep in! Wow, that's going to feel good.

No comments:

Post a Comment