Saturday, August 22, 2009

Best BBQ...



The best BBQ in the the world is at Parker's Barbeque in Wilson, North Carolina. I know that is an arguable point, but since I am writing this blog, I get to decide which is MY favorite. This place has been around forever. My Granddaddy used to take his tobacco crop over to Wilson to sell at the market there when I was just a little shaver and he would take me along for the ride. After the auction at the market, we would go to Parker's for lunch. You know what an old guy I am, so you know how long that place has been there. And it was an old place when I was going there back then.

Anyway, Susan and I have never been to North Carolina without a trip to Parker's for BBQ. This time was certainly no exception and I have included some pictures of Mom, George, Susan and I at Parker's as well as a picture of the outside of the place. As you can see it is not a fancy restaurant, but the food is outstanding. We always eat "family style" when we go there and they bring you some of everything that they make. And they keep bringing it until you can't eat anymore.

Their entire menu consists of pork barbeque, fried chicken, barbequed chicken, slaw, boiled potatoes, green beans, Brunswick stew (a local concoction of vegetables and a little bit of chicken in a thick tomato sauce), hush puppies, corn bread sticks and ice tea (pre-sweetened ice tea of course).

I must admit that I fell off the "no red meat" wagon for this meal. But, I must also tell you that we all think that they have the world's greatest fried chicken also. Their fried chicken is Mom's and Susan's favorite. Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment