Tuesday, August 18, 2009

A day trip to the coast....




On Saturday, we took Mom to lunch and then headed for the coast. My first cousin Donald and his wife Barbara invited us and my other first cousin, Johnny and his wife Anne down to his place at the coast for dinner.

Since Johnny was already down at his own place at the coast, we picked up Anne and took the quick 1.5 hour drive down to Vandemere, North Carolina. It is a quaint little town and their house sits right on the Neuse River about 10-15 miles inland from the ocean. The house originally belonged to Donald's mother (my Mom's sister, Mary Clyde) and was originally much smaller. Donald has added on several times to create a great getaway for his children and grandchildren. I have included a couple of shots of the house and the local environment above.

We enjoyed wine with cheese and crackers on the screened in porch looking out over the water. Barbara then called us into a fabulous shrimp dinner. We have the recipe and intend to try it out when we get home. It was unique for me because I had never had shrimp with feta cheese before. It was Yummy!

It was great to spend some time with my two cousins.

No comments:

Post a Comment