Friday, July 17, 2009

Any room at the inn?...

Susan and I have always been at opposite ends of the scale when it comes to hotel rooms. I love being pampered (well actually she does also) at really nice hotels. I stayed at some really nice hotels when I was traveling for work over the years (I acquired this taste from a former boss and good friend). While they did cost more, I have never had a bad stay at any of those hotels. Our stays in the downscale hotels over the years have generally been good, but there have been one or two "memorable" events.

We discussed our opposing philosophies in relation to this trip and you are probably surprised to learn that we won't be staying at five stars on the way around the country. Actually, I do agree with her that it makes little sense to go the five star route when we will get in off the road each day, get some dinner, hit the sack and be back on the road early the next morning. There doesn't seem to be any time to be pampered. We just need a quiet, safe room for the night.

However, we are going to go upscale (probably still not 5 star) when we get into those major cities where we intend to stay for a couple days. Besides, how many 5 star hotels do you think there are in Cedar City, Utah?

I will let you know how these places turn out.

1 comment:

  1. Could call. My wife and I came to the same conclusion on last weeks trip to Lake Tahoe.

    Our rule was 3 star and above though. :)

    ReplyDelete