Friday, July 17, 2009

Hey, you can't do that....


I needed to verify that the windshield mount for the Garmin GPS was going to work in the Denali, but I can't find the original one anywhere. It has mysteriously disappeared.

I went to the Garmin website to buy a replacement and found out there's a new law in California that prohibits mounting accessories on the windshield. Garmin has a new mount for the dash, so I ordered it. It arrived and I found that this mount assumes that you have the older windshield mount because it doesn't include a small plastic clip that goes between the ball on the dashboard mount and the handheld device.

I then had to order a windshield mounting kit (which is not legal to use in California) just to get the small plastic clip.

I have all pieces now, the Garmin is mounted on the dash and I am ready to roll.

No comments:

Post a Comment